PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Community Notification: COVID-19 Case at Takoma Park Middle School
Dear Takoma Park MS Community,
This letter is to inform you that we were notified today an individual who was last present at TPMS on 7/14/21, has tested positive for Coronavirus (COVID-19) on 7/19/21. Following guidance from the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) it was determined there has been no risk of exposure to other students or staff on-site.
Based on the contact tracing guidelines, staff and students do not need to be tested or quarantine as they were not in direct contact with the person who tested positive for COVID-19. Direct contact in schools is defined as:
1. being within 3 feet or less for 15 or more minutes (within a 24 hour period) of an individual with COVID-19, or
2. having direct contact with the infectious secretions from an individual with COVID-19 (e.g., being coughed on).
Note: The definition of “close contact” does not include all other individuals on the same floor or in the same building as a positive individual, unless they also meet criteria (1) or (2).
We encourage you to closely monitor for symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough and shortness of breath. If any of these symptoms develop, please stay home and do not report in-person to the school building. You should contact your healthcare provider immediately for advice. Please contact the school if there is a development of COVID-19-like symptoms. Staff or students who develop symptoms, or test positive for COVID-19, will not be able to return to the building until they are medically cleared.
As a reminder, here are the steps that we can all take to keep ourselves, families and school community safe:
• Wear a mask, or appropriate face covering, at all times when in school and other public spaces.
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, especially before and after eating.
• Cover your cough and/or sneeze and immediately wash your hands for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer.
• Practice physical distancing and keep 6 feet away from others when possible.
• Stay home if you are sick.
Visit montgomeryschoolsmd.org/coronavirus and montgomerycountymd.gov/COVID19 for additional information.
We appreciate your cooperation as we work to maintain a safe and healthy school environment.
Erin L. Martin
<<Back to browse