You're Invited to apply for
SMOB Advisory Cabinet
Hello MCPS Students!
My name is Arvin Kim and I am excited to be representing you as the 45th Student Member of the Board of Education. As we get ready to start the school year, I wanted to personally reach out and invite you to apply for my SMOB Advisory Cabinet.
This year, I am appointing students from across the county to help me in my role in representing students on the board. I want to hear your voice and need your help in mobilizing and connecting with students. The SMOB Advisory Cabinet (SAC) will be an organization dedicated to exploring the concerns and ideas of students, creating policy goals, and communicating with the MCPS community. See the link below to apply to join the SAC and to learn more about its work and the positions and committees it is composed of. All secondary students are welcome to apply and applications will be open until September 11th at 11:59 PM.
All students, whether they are a member of the SAC or not, are welcome to attend our monthly SMOB Advisory Meetings. Meetings will be held throughout the year at different parts of the county with virtual attendance options for all of them. Students who attend will be able to voice their ideas about the school system, learn about issues facing MCPS, and connect with student leaders from across the county. Come to earn SSL hours for participating! Tentative meeting dates and locations are listed below. The first meeting will be next month on September 21st from 6PM to 8 PM at the Carver Educational Services Center.
- Tentative Meeting Dates and Locations:
- 6 PM, September 21st @ Carver Educational Services Center
- 6 PM, October 20th @ Virtual via Zoom
- 6 PM, November 15th @ Location TBA
- 6 PM, December 15th @ Carver Educational Services Center
- 6 PM, January 19th @ Location TBA
- 6 PM, February 16th @ Virtual via Zoom
- 6 PM, March 22nd @ Carver Educational Services Center
- 6 PM, April 12th @ Location TBA
- 6 PM, May 17th @ Virtual via Zoom
- 6 PM, June 7th @ Carver Educational Services Center
I look forward to working with you and serving MCPS in the year to come. If you have any questions, please reach out to Arvin_Kim@mcpsmd.org or contact me on Instagram, Twitter, or TikTok @arvinkim_
I hope to see many of you apply to the cabinet and attend our meetings this year.
Student Member of the Board of Education