PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Board of Education to Meet on Tuesday, October 8
The Montgomery County Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, October 8, 2019, at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. The meeting will begin at 10 a.m., with public agenda items beginning at 12 p.m. The public portion of the meeting will be broadcast live on the MCPS website and on MCPS TV (Comcast Channel 34).
The agenda, with related materials attached, can be found on the Board of Education’s BoardDocs site (please visit this link for the most up-to-date agenda).
1. Closed Session Approval - 10:00 a.m.
1.1 Acknowledgement of a Quorum
1.2 Resolution for Today's Closed Session
2. Opening of Meeting - 12:00 p.m.
2.1 Pledge of Allegiance
2.2 Approval of the Agenda
3. Human Resources and Development Report - 12:05 p.m.
3.1 Monthly Report
4. Recognition - 12:10 p.m.
4.1 National School Bus Safety Week
5. Public Comments - 12:15 p.m.
6. Board/Superintendent Comments - 1:00 p.m.
6.1 Board/Superintendent Comments
6.2 Board Committee Updates
7. Consent Items - 1:30 p.m.
7.1 Procurement Contracts of $25,000 or More
7.2 Montgomery Knolls Elementary School - Forest Conservation Credit Agreement
7.3 Montgomery Knolls Elementary School - Forest Conservation Easement
7.4 Utilization of the Fiscal Year 2019 Provision for Future Supported Projects for Multiyear Grants Established in Fiscal Year 2018
7.5 Utilization of the Fiscal Year 2020 Provision for Future Supported Projects for Multiyear Grants Established in Fiscal Year 2019
8. Item of Discussion - 1:40 p.m.
8.1 2020-2021 School Year Calendar
9. Action on Board Policy - 2:25 p.m.
9.1 Tentative Action Policy IDA, School Year Calendar
10. Recess - 2:40 p.m.
11. Item of Discussion/Action - 2:55 p.m.
11.1 2019 Every Student Succeeds Act Consolidated Strategic Plan
12. Item of Discussion - 3:15 p.m.
12.1 Update on Districtwide Boundary Analysis
13. Items of Information - 3:45 p.m.
13.1 Legal Fees Report
13.2 Construction Progress Report
13.3 Update on Contract Awards for On-Call Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Replacement Services and On-Call Construction Services
14. Board of Education Items - 3:50 p.m.
14.1 Future Closed Session Resolution
14.2 Report of Previous Closed Session
14.3 Minutes for the September 19, 2019, Meeting
14.4 Previous New Business: Awarding Academic Credit for Participation in the Montgomery County Public Schools High School Interscholastic Athletic Program
14.5 New Business
15. Informational Summary - 3:55 p.m.
15.1 Informational Summary for the September 23, 2019, Meeting
16. Adjournment - 4:00 p.m.
* times listed are intended for guidance only; unless changed by the Board, the order in which items appear will be followed.
<<Back to browse