PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Board of Education to Meet on Monday, October 28
The Montgomery County Board of Education will meet on Monday, October 28, 2019, at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. The meeting will begin at 12:30 p.m., with public agenda items beginning at 2:30 p.m. The public portion of the meeting will be broadcast live on the MCPS website and on MCPS TV (Comcast Channel 34).
The agenda, with related materials attached, can be found on the Board of Education’s BoardDocs site (please visit this link for the most up-to-date agenda).
1. Closed Session Approval - 12:30 p.m.
1.1 Acknowledgement of a Quorum
1.2 Resolution for Today's Closed Session
2. Opening of Meeting - 2:30 p.m.
2.1 Pledge of Allegiance
2.2 Approval of the Agenda
3. Recognitions - 2:31 p.m.
3.1 Native American Heritage Month and Day - November 2019
3.2 School Psychology Awareness Week
3.3 American Education Week
4. Public Comments - 2:40 p.m.
5. Board/Superintendent Comments - 3:25 p.m.
5.1 Board/Superintendent Comments
5.2 Board Committee Updates
6. Consent Items - 3:55 p.m.
6.1 Procurement Contracts of $25,000 or More
6.2 Contract Approval for RFP No. 9145.1, Fresh Produce- Extension
6.3 Award of Contract - Highland Elementary School Reroofing Project
6.4 Preconstruction/Construction Management Services - Silver Spring International Middle School Addition Project
6.5 Utilization of the Fiscal Year 2020 Provision for Future Supported Projects
6.6 Fiscal Year 2020 First Quarter Category and Object Transfers Request for Multi-Year Grants Established Fiscal Year 2018
6.7 Fiscal Year 2020 First Quarter Category and Object Transfers Request for Multi-Year Grants Established Fiscal Year 2019
6.8 Fiscal Year 2020 First Quarter Category and Object Transfers Request
7. Preliminary Plans - 4:05 p.m.
7.1 Preliminary Plans Presentation - Gaithersburg Cluster Elementary School #8 Project
7.2 Preliminary Plans Presentation - Charles W. Woodward High School Reopening Project
8. Recess - 5:05 p.m.
9. Item of Discussion/Action - 5:20 p.m.
9.1 Legislative Annual Priorities and Upcoming Legislation
10. Items of Discussion - 5:50 p.m.
10.1 Presentation of the Superintendent's Recommended Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Capital Budget and the FY 2021-2026 Capital Improvements Program
10.2 Supplement A - The Superintendent's Recommendation on the Boundary Study for the Clarksburg, Northwest, and Seneca Valley Clusters
10.3 Supplement B - The Superintendent's Recommendation on the Boundary Study for Forest Knolls, Montgomery Knolls, and Pine Crest Elementary Schools
11. Dinner Break and Continuation of Closed Session - 7:50 p.m.
12. Continuation of Item of Discussion: Presentation of the Superintendent's Recommended Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Capital Budget and the FY 2021-2026 Capital Improvements Program - 9:15 p.m.
13. Board of Education Items - 10:15 p.m.
13.1 Future Closed Session Resolution
13.2 Report of Previous Closed Session
13.3 Minutes for the October 10, 2019, Meeting
13.4 Minutes for the October 16, 2019, Meeting
13.5 Minutes for the October 23, 2019, Meeting
13.6 New Business
14. Informational Summary - 10:20 p.m.
14.1 Informational Summary for the October 8, 2019, Meeting
15. Adjournment - 10:25 p.m.
* times listed are intended for guidance only; unless changed by the Board, the order in which items appear will be followed.
<<Back to browse