PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Board of Education to Meet on Tuesday, March 10, 2020
The Montgomery County Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, March 10, 2020, at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m., with public agenda items beginning at 11 a.m. The public portion of the meeting will be broadcast live on the MCPS website and on MCPS TV (Comcast Channel 34).
The agenda, with related materials attached, can be found on the Board of Education’s BoardDocs site (please visit this link for the most up-to-date agenda).
1. Closed Session Approval - 9:00 a.m.
1.1 Acknowledgement of a Quorum
1.2 Resolution for Today's Closed Session
2. Call to Order - 11:00 a.m.
2.1 Pledge of Allegiance
2.2 Approval of the Agenda
3. Human Resources and Development - 11:01 a.m.
3.1 Monthly Report
3.2 Human Resources and Development Appointment
4. Recognition - 11:05 a.m.
4.1 Recognition of Educators Who Earned Certification from the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards in 2019
5. Public Comments - 11:10 a.m.
5.1 Lauren Zolkiewicz
5.2 Laura Williams
5.3 Maureen Ponce
5.4 David Mullaney
5.5 Catherine Matthews
5.6 Kate McGloon
5.7 Simona Letizia
5.8 Aisha Ceesay
5.9 Cynthia Simonson
6. Board/Superintendent Comments - 11:55 a.m.
6.1 Board/Superintendent Comments
6.2 Board Committee Updates
7. Items of Discussion - 12:25 p.m.
7.1 Update on Targeted Support and Improvement Schools
8. Recess - 1:55 p.m.
9. Legislative Items - 2:25 p.m.
9.1 Legislative Session Update
10. Action on Board Policy - 3:00 p.m.
10.1 Final Action, Policy BOA, Legal Services
11. Item of Discussion - 3:15 p.m.
11.1 Update on The Blueprint for Maryland's Future
12. Consent Items - 4:15 p.m.
12.1 Procurement Contracts of $25,000 or More
12.2 Contract Approval for Bid No. 4087.12, Office and School Supplies
12.3 Award of Contract - Leasing of Relocatable Classrooms
12.4 Montrose Center Lease Amendment
12.5 Appointment to Board of Investment Trustees - Montgomery County Public Schools Retirement System Trust
12.6 Monthly Financial Report
13. Items of Information - 4:25 p.m.
13.1 Construction Progress Report
13.2 Legal Fees Report
14. Board of Education Items - 4:30 p.m.
14.1 Future Closed Session Resolution
14.2 Report of Previous Closed Session
14.3 New Business
15. Informational Summary - 4:35 p.m.
15.1 Informational Summary for February 24, 2020, Meeting
16. Adjournment - 4:40 p.m.
* times listed are intended for guidance only; unless changed by the Board, the order in which items appear will be followed.
<<Back to browse