Registration for Head Start and Extended Elementary Education Program (EEEP) in Progress

April 17, 2001
The Montgomery County Public Schools' Head Start and Extended Elementary Education (EEEP) programs are recruiting eligible children who will be four years old by December 31, 2001, for these two preschool programs. There also are a limited number of openings for three-year-old children born in 1998. These classes will begin in September 2001. In addition, limited Head Start full-day/full-year three-and four-year-old openings are available for parents receiving Working Parents Assistance (WPA) or Purchase of Care (POC).

Head Start registration will take place at the following locations and times:


Long Branch Community Center 4-19-01 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Upper County Community Center 4-25-01 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m..

Rocking Horse Road Center 6-5-01 1:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

All EEEP registrations are currently being processed at the Head Start/EEEP Unit, Room 141, Rocking Horse Road Center, 4910 Macon Road in Rockville.

Head Start provides a comprehensive family program including preschool education, health and social services, and parent involvement for low-income families, including children with disabilities. A free lunch and transportation are provided.

EEEP provides preschool education to children who live within the attendance area of an EEEP school and who meet one of the Maryland state-mandated criteria listed below:

Limited English Proficient (LEP).


Prior Participation in a Head Start of Even Start program.

Students will be assigned to EEEP placements when space is available with consideration based on the following criteria:

Referral from other MCPS units and other early intervention programs.

Emergency and health situations.

Home and family circumstances.

Families registering for Head Start or EEEP should bring the following documents:

For Head Start only, proof of income (W-2 and 1040 statements with one current pay stub).

Acceptable proofs of Montgomery County residency (property tax bill, or lease, and also a current utility bill if the lease is more than one year old).

USA birth certificate or USA passport. Children who are not United States citizens must first register with the International Student Admissions Office at 301-230-0686.

Child's Social Security card.

Photo identification of the parent.


For additional information about Head Start and EEEP, contact:

Head Start Unit

Montgomery County Public Schools Tel.: 301-230-0676

<<Back to browse