PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENTS >
Board of Education to Meet on Thursday, July 11
The Montgomery County Board of Education will meet on Thursday, July 11, 2019, at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Drive in Rockville. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m., with public agenda items beginning at 11 a.m. The public portion of the meeting will be broadcast live on the MCPS website and on MCPS TV (Comcast Channel 34).
The agenda, with related materials attached, can be found on the Board of Education’s BoardDocs site (please visit this link for the most up-to-date agenda).
1. Closed Session Approval - 9:00 a.m.
1.1 Acknowledgement of a Quorum
1.2 Resolution for Today's Closed Session
2. Opening of Meeting - 11:00 a.m.
2.1 Pledge of Allegiance
2.2 Approval of the Agenda
3. Human Resources and Development - 11:01 a.m.
3.1 Monthly Report
3.2 Human Resources and Development Appointments
4. Public Comments - 11:10 a.m.
4.1 Melissa King
4.2 Margaret King
4.3 Matthew Wade
4.4 Joseph King
4.5 Link Hoewing
4.6 Vicki Keltz-Reyes
5. Board/Superintendent Comments - 11:40 a.m.
5.1 Board/Superintendent Comments
5.2 Board Committee Updates
6. Item of Discussion - 12:10 p.m.
6.1 Restorative Justice and Restorative Practices: Beyond Circles and Discipline
7. Recess - 1:10 p.m.
8. Item of Discussion - 1:40 p.m.
8.1 Substitute Teacher Qualifications and Staffing
9. Consent Items - 2:40 p.m.
9.1 Procurement Contracts of $25,000 or More
9.2 Contract Approval for Bid No. 4407.1, Instructional Data Management Platform
9.3 Contract Approval for Bid No. 9102.10, A La Carte Offerings - Extension
9.4 Contract Approval for Bid No. 9139.3, Refrigerated and Frozen Foods - Extension
9.5 Watkins Mill High School - Wireless Telecommunications Lease
9.6 Utilization of the Fiscal Year 2019 Provision for Future Supported Projects for Multiyear Grants Established in Fiscal Year 2019
10. Items of Information - 2:50 p.m.
10.1 Legal Fees Report for April 2019
10.2 Construction Progress Report
11. Board of Education Items - 2:55 p.m.
11.1 Future Closed Session Resolution
11.2 Report of Previous Closed Session
11.3 Annual Ticketed Event and Meeting List for 2019-2020
11.4 Appointment of Student Member of the Board to Board Committees
11.5 New Business
12. Informational Summary - 3:05 p.m.
12.1 Informational Summary for June 24, 2019, Meeting
13. Adjournment - 3:10 p.m.
* times listed are intended for guidance only; unless changed by the Board, the order in which items appear will be followed.
<<Back to browse